A genuine world-wide representation is sought, with the active participation of animal protection organisations from all continents, reflecting gender, age, cultural and geographic diversity.
Any animal protection society working to improve the status and/or welfare of animals through campaigns, lobbying or any other legal means can be accepted as an affiliate.
Benefits for Affiliatiated Organisations Include:
- Strengthened co-operation and working relationships with animal societies world-wide;
- New communication networks;
- International support for national or regional issues;
- World focus on target issues;
- Effective allocation of funds through development and campaign support;
- Partnership programmes;
- Regional and subject-specific links;
- Sharing of information and expertise;
- Availability of campaign resources (slides, photographs, reports, legislative analysis etc.);
- Channel to assist developing animal societies;
- Information, both generic (e.g. campaigning. lobbying) and subject-specific;
- Providing a focus for the work of groups over a period of time; and
- Providing fund-raising opportunity.
In order to prevent any barrier to affiliation, no set membership fee will be charged for affiliation. However, donations and contributions will be gratefully accepted, and contributions may be sought for specific campaigns.
Please check the 'Affiliate with WAN' box to apply for affiliation with World Animal Net